Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Rugged Beauty of the West of Ireland

We have been touring the West of Ireland and visiting with family. Our visit with my sister and her family was fantastic and long overdue.

The West of Ireland is our favourite part of Southern Ireland; we visited the Burren with my sister Joan and my brother in law Pat...  we are currently touring around Connemara and we'll be here until Thursday when we head off to visit with family in Dublin.

The weather has been a bit rainy at times, but we have been getting lucky with the sunny spells, especially in the afternoons.

Being into the final stage of our vacation, we would love to have another couple of weeks, but as my mother would say, "all good things must come to an end in order for more good things to begin".

Stay tuned for our next blog.

Signing off,

Derm & Ce








What beautiful people, my nieces
Ashling, right, and Louise, left






Ennis Town

My sister Joan and Ce

The bantering never stops in Ireland

My sister Joan and brother in law Pat... he's more
like a brother


How lovely, my sister and Ce


Pat has just got out of the hospital after
this episode

Eva, you are picture perfect

Amber, I'm strange, but you don't have to look at me that way

It's in Joan I trust

Me and my new friend Rueben



My new friend Cara

Ce and my niece Ashley


The Burren










Joan, Ce and Pat





Read the fine print




















Amber and Eva



















Turf for burning








2 comments:

  1. I just love The Burren. It is wide and open and lots of blue skies at this point. Couldn't help but laugh at the inscription on that monument. Who would have thought one should put up a monument for the nothingness.I tried to find quickly on the Internet what is significant about 1897 but couldn't find anything that stood out

    Enjoy the last few days of your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! once again some lovely shots. Great that you could spend time with family. I guess they had an idea for a lovely monument ( I think it is very cool looking) hence celebrate nothing. You are so right I wish we did have a couple more weeks, When is our next trip? The sun is shining today, beautiful blue sky....hopefully it will be like this when you arrive back home. Take care. Love J&L

    ReplyDelete