Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A little Dizzy but still Conscious enough to enjoy everything


Well we booked a fairly comfortable hotel this time around for our stay in Sukhotai… we arrived in our usual high quality local transport. We’re sure that the hotel staff found this rather humorous, and that they still accepted and welcomed  us as backpackers.

This morning to start our day we had breakfast and proceeded to take a local bus (or if you prefer, old army transport) to the ruins. When I was getting on to the local bus the brim of my hat blocked my view of a big metal bar and I bashed my head right into it full force, with the additional weight of my backpack… what a gobshite… in all seriousness I was seeing stars for several minutes… all is ok now other than the major bruising and possibly some positive brain damage… there is the possibly that some Buddha is getting back at me for some of my off-beat humorous comments.

We rented a couple of bikes to go around the old Sukhothai City… it was going to be too much to spend 6 hours in the 42degree heat, so we decided on cutting that in half.
In the last two days we have been looking to buy a hat for Cecilia… it’s hard to believe we couldn’t find one vendor that sold hats., I’m blaming it on Buddha.
I asked Ce a question today… Why is it that you left it to middle age to become adventurous? Her answer was, “because it takes that long for the mental contamination and madness of the Irish to set in”… Touché Ce.

Next stop 4 days in Chiang Mai touring around.

Signing off,
Derm & Ce… On top of the world… feeling like it’s only been a couple of days and we’ve been away for over a week.

Disclaimer:
This is to state that we do not work for, or hired by, or in any way associated with the S.E. Asia Governments… at least not until we receive our commission cheques.




















1 comment:

  1. K hermoso paisaje.los lugares divinos y lo que me encantó es que llevaron sus bicis jaja!!!! k mostro super aventureros!!!! todo lo que hace el AMOR!!!! :D BECHITOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PARA LOS DOS!!!!

    ReplyDelete