Saturday, May 7, 2011

It was said "that all roads lead to Rome", and now we know why

The Ancient City is Infectious, there are jewels of architecture every time you turn a corner. We have walked and walked and we are totally amazed by what we have found; it is a gem of a city that you could spend a month discovering. We took a hop on / hop off bus to get our bearings on where all the major sites were located and now we are walking the streets by day and by night getting to know this little paradise. I specifically got to know a little more than Ce due to the fact that I was left behind at a bus stop because Ce got onto the bus first, with my ticket, and they wouldn't let me on. It was so funny to see Ce standing up on the open top double decker bus waving like a lunatic and then throwing up her hands in hopelessness, resigning herself to the fact that she had left me behind, but two kilometres later we hooked up again.... Poor Ce felt bad, so she bought me a new Ferrari to make up for it... thanks again Ce. Speaking of the open-top bus, I was sitting down minding my own business whilst enjoying the sights when a little, or I should say LARGE Pigeon dropped me a present so bountiful it covered a large portion of the front of my shirt and my camera bag, I think he was saving it up and probably had a bet on with his pigeon friend that he could hit a direct target... he won, and I was a mess with what resembled brown liquid paint pigment, the great thing about this is that it's supposed to be lucky... hmmm, maybe a Lamborghini this time :-)

Ce in all her glory, loving the sights 















This guy showed me my future... I am lying,
he actually read me the riot act


A modern example of the art outside of buildings


3 more days in Rome... it's not going to be enough for this great city.

Stay tuned for our visit to the Colosseum and the Vatican City.

Take care.

Derm & Ce

The statues are queuing up to have an audience with Ce
Iphones are great

The guy in the centre was a little upset



Plazza Venezia, what a spectacle!

It's not for sale





I wonder what this is? A prize will be given to the first right answer

She is enamoured with me

He'll do anything for Ce



Do they sell these in the shops? We'd like
one for the front of our house.

The guards, to keep the likes of me from
going where I shouldn't



Wings not working today... have to take a chariot

Ce with good thoughts























A cowboy in Rome








Since Ce bought me a Ferrari... I had to get her something.








 



Ce, stood on this tomb, shame on
you Ce!












3 comments:

  1. So, when you come back, I'm taking you for a spin in your new Ferrari, yeah? Excellent!

    ReplyDelete